Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Year in My Life - Kitchen Project - The Finale!

Week 7 Update and Conclusion

Finalmente!!!  Hallelujah!  It's done! I spent Monday and Tuesday cleaning out the new cabinets and drawers and putting in the shelf liner.  Wednesday couldn't come fast enough.  I  also loaded up those cabinets that would be not affected on Wednesday and did not need any adjustments.   Wednesday morning finally arrived. I loaded up the car with everything from the apartment and Oscar and I took off for Acquavella!!  HOME!

While waiting for the workers I walked outside and who was there to greet us?  LuLu, the neighbour dog.  I had left the back gate open and he came in to greet us and take a rest in the sun!  He too, is glad we are back!


LuLu - protecting our house

The workers finally arrived and the completion of the kitchen began.  They finished their work in a few hours.  Then the electrician and plumber arrived to complete the cook top installation and to make some final last adjustments.  Some were a bit more challenging than others but I was not deterred.  They clearly understood everything MUST be done today.  One more day was not acceptable.  They did not disappoint.  By 7:30 that evening I was wishing everyone a "buona serata" as they walked out the door.  The celebration began for Oscar and me!!


And now the final set of photos!!


Thank goodness the new piece of 
counter top was correct!





Many have asked where the refrigerator is
It is hidden on this wall - tough to see
but it is at the far right






The three stools should arrive this week
The furniture store just needs to deliver them

First things first - Coffee!!

And for my first meal I made a Ragù
It was delicious!

So this blog sequence comes to a close.  Thanks to those that followed along and took the time to comment through emails.  I will continue blogging monthly going forward.  

For those in the states have a blessed Thanksgiving!  This year I have alot to be grateful for and will so enjoy cooking Thanksgiving dinner in my new beautiful kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment